Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page! Here we will post answers to the most commonly asked questions. This page will be updated frequently so check back often!
How much does it cost to build an Affordaplane?
- The average price to build ranges from $4000-$7000 for a flying, complete aircraft. The Affordaplane is one of the most inexpensive aircraft to build and fly.
What engine should I use?
- There are a number of engines you can use! The plans were written around the Rotax 477, however, the Rotax 503, Kawasaki 440A, 1/2 Volkswagen, and many others are popular choices.
Can you build the Affordaplane as an FAR 103 ultralight or Light Sport Aircraft?
- The Affordaplane can be built as an ultralight under FAR 103 or Light Sport Aircraft. It’s your choice!
Where do you get your materials from?
- You can purchase them from a number of places online (Wicks, Aircraft Spruce, etc) or your local metal supplier. We also show our customers how to save up to 50 % on materials by getting them locally!
Why is the Affordaplane one of the most popular ultralights /Light Sport Aircraft?
- Grass roots flying on a budget is what the Affordaplane is all about. You get great performance, classic looks and safety too, all in one airplane. Plus we have a 20 year perfect safety record, with many hundreds of A-Planes flying all over the world.
Where can I get the Affordaplane Plans?
- Complete Plans Sets are only $19.99. Plans on CD are available for only $29.99. Printed plans for only $69.95. Our plans are the most complete, information filled pages at a great price. They contain a Builder’s Manual AND complete drawings. Every fitting is drawn full size, with dimensions. Visit http://www.affordaplane.com/buy-affordaplane-plane/ to start your adventure!